Gumnut educators recognise that parents are the primary caregivers and that our role is to form a partnership with parents within the scope of our role as educational care givers.
Naturally we seek parental involvement (by whatever means) in the Centre, whilst at the same time, we recognise that families are busy and pressed for time.
The effect of parental involvement is to promote continuity between home and the Centre and assists in the development of staff – family relationships.
Families are always welcome at the Centre to:
- spend time with their child
- become involved in group time sessions
- talk to staff about their child and our resources
- become involved in the parent meetings, and
- Keep up to date with the activities at the centre.
The Educators welcome your contribution to the art/craft supplies (e.g. paper, cardboard, material scraps, old magazines, material scraps etc.).