From January 2012, the National Quality Framework applies to long day care, family day care; pre-school and outside school hours care services.
The National Quality Framework (NQF) aims to raise quality and drive continuous improvement and consistency in education and care services.
The NQF incorporates a legislative framework which consists of
- The Education and Care Services National Law
- The Education and Care Services National Regulations
Included in the NQF are the National Quality Standards, against which services will be quality assessed and rated. These standards are divided into 7 Quality Areas.
- Educational programs and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
GumNut pre-kinder embraces all aspects of the National Quality Framework
GumNut pre-kinder was assessed against the National Quality Standards in December 2013.
In all 7 Quality Areas GumNut received a rating of Exceeding, resulting in an overall rating of “Exceeding National Quality Standard (E).”
NSW Department of Education & Communities
Contact number is 9716 2100